Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The Classic Club Spin #18



Time for another classic spin. The new moderators of the Classic Club (thank you for taking over) starts with one of the popular challenges; The Spin! It is easy to follow. Make your list of  20 classics you want to read. Post about it before Wednesday 1st August 2018; that is, create a post with your list. Once the spin takes place and a number comes up - the book listed by that number is the one you should read before the end of August. More info under the link above.

I have slightly revised my list and took away a couple of books I read from there. I must confess that I don't always manage to read the book listed. At least I try. It always depends on my mood what I want to read, so the spin and my mood have to be in harmony at the right time!

My spin list for 2018

1. Washington Square by Henry James
2. Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Carter
3. New Grub Street by George Gissing
4. Karin Lavransdotter by Sigrid Undset
5. Shirley by Charlotte Brontë
6. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
7. Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence
8. Child Harold by Lord Byron
9. Richard III by William Shakespeare
10. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
11. In Our Time by Ernest Hemingway
12. The Wings of the Dove by Henry James
13. The Taming of a Screw by William Shakespeare
14. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
15. Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
16. Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
17. Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
18. The Divine Comedy by Dante
19. Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor
20. Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder

Let's see what number comes up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster