Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56



This weeks book beginning and page 56 highlight is from a recently purchased book. It is rather new and I thought it will help me not worry to much. It is The Subtle Art of not Giving a F*ck - a counterintuitive approach to living a good life by Mark Manson.

Book beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader
"Charles Bukowski was an alcoholic, a womanizer, a chronic gambler, a lout, a cheapskate, a deadbeat, and on his worst days, a poet. He's probably the last person on earth you would ever look to for life advice or expect to see in any sort of self-help book.
Which is why he's the perfect place to start." 



The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice
The truth is that there's no such thing as a personal problem. If you've got a problem, chances are millions of other people have had it in the past, have it now, and are going to have it in the future. Likely people you know too. That doesn't minimize the problem or mean that it shouldn't hurt. It doesn't mean you aren't legitimately a victim in some circumstances.
It just means that you're not special."

I love both the opening and the paragraph from page 56. It tells a lot and I am eager to read this book. Have you read it? What do you think?

Comments

  1. I've been really curious about this book...it sounds better than I thought it would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about it to, but only decided to read it when I read the back cover. I think it might be worth it. I will post a review once I have read it.

      Delete
  2. Now I'm curious. The example of Charles Bukowski intrigued me. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it. He might not be the first one you think of for something like this...or maybe he is the perfect one. I think he didn't care so much what other people thought. I hope it will be an interesting read.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like quite a different sort of self-help book. I hope you enjoy it. This week I have Murder, She Reported by Peg Cochran - a nice historical mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be quite hands on, so I hope it will help out. In what way I don't yet know. I will post a review once I have read it.

      Delete
  4. I read The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck by Sarah Night and loved it. I recommend it to everyone. They came out at the same time -- must have been something in the water. I don't know if this one is the same thesis or not. I'll probably read it as well eventually.

    Thanks for posting the opening on Book Beginnings on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler