Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Breakfast reading

Sweden has been hit by a heat wave, and I have difficulties doing anything. We are just not used to this kind of weather. I have lived in hot climates before, but obviously I forgot what it is like. Anyway, one should not complain. That is just an excuse to explain the low energy that I have for the moment. Can't do anything more than lying in the shade reading, which is, after all, not that bad. However, it generates fewer blog post, and I am now pushing myself to the limit to write a few!

I take my breakfast on the balcony a little bit later in the morning. Since I eat it alone, I enjoy some reading during breakfast. Either some magazines, or some suitable books. By suitable, I mean books that you can stop reading whenever you have finished with breakfast. I have recently been finishing a few of them, and I would like to share them with you (although they are in Swedish).



Short story books are one option of course, but what I really love is books that gives you half a page, or a couple of pages of information. For this purpose the three books I have been reading are perfect.  Two of them are by a well known Swedish historian, Dick Harrison. I have several of his books and he writes in an easygoing and interesting way. It is like reading a non-fiction book, and it is always exciting. He has a column in one of the Swedish papers where he answers historical questions. These Q & A has been put into two books under the names of 'Historian on duty'.

The other book I have quoted from recently, regarding my posts for Paris in July, and that is 365 days by Anders Bergman & Emelie Perland. They have collected diary entries from well-known and not so well-known diary keepers. It makes for interesting reading and a few notes to look further into their diaries.

For the time being I am going through magazines lefter here by my mother. I will look into my TBR shelves and see if I can find something more suitable for breakfast reading.  Of course I have time since I am not working anymore, and I just love sitting down for breakfast for an hour or so. It is such a treat after all these years of stressing through breakfast and preparing for school and work. What about you? Do you read during breakfast (if you are eating alone that is).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler