Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Top 100 Crime Novels

I love all kind of lists, especially those that have to do with books. I happened to stumble upon a list of the top 100 Crime Novels. There are actually two lists; one from the British based Crime Writer's Association and one from the U.S.

Here are the 10 first entries (CWA to the left and US to the right):

1Josephine Tey: The Daughter of Time (1951)1Arthur Conan Doyle: The Complete Sherlock Holmes (1887-1927)
2Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep (1939)2Dashiell Hammett: The Maltese Falcon (1930)
3John le Carré: The Spy Who Came In From the Cold (1963)3Edgar Allan Poe: Tales of Mystery & Imagination (1852)
4Dorothy L. Sayers: Gaudy Night (1935)4Josephine Tey: The Daughter of Time (1951)
5Agatha Christie: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (1926)5Scott Turow: Presumed Innocent (1987)
6Daphne du Maurier: Rebecca (1938)6John le Carré: The Spy Who Came In From the Cold (1963)
7Raymond Chandler: Farewell My Lovely (1940)7Wilkie Collins: The Moonstone (1868)
8Wilkie Collins: The Moonstone (1868)8Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep (1939)
9Len Deighton: The IPCRESS File (1962)9Daphne du Maurier: Rebecca (1938)
10Dashiell Hammett: The Maltese Falcon (1930)10Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None (1939)

We can see that some writers and novels have ended up on the top 10 on both lists, for example:

Josephine Tey: The Daughter of Time (1 and 4)
Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep (2 and 8)
John Le Carré: The Spy Who Came in From the Cold (3 and 6)
Daphne du Maurier: Rebecca (6 and 9)
Wilkie Collins: The Moonstone (8 and 7)
Dashiel Hammett: The Maltese Falcon (10 and 2)



There might be an indication here that these are the books to read if you like Crime fiction. I will try to get hold of Josephine Tey's The Daughter of Time which sounds interesting. A modern police officer is looking into the alleged crime of Richard III!

You can have a look at the top 100 lists here. I took the liberty to add a cross for the ones that I have read. Not that many I must admit. Here might lie another challenge! Sometimes I don't know if I read the book or saw the movie?

Would you have any favourites on the list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster