Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

14 May in literature

On 14 May 1842, Alfred, Lord Tennyson, published a book named Poems.

His famous books include Ulysses, Morte d'Arthur, In Memoriam, Idylls of the King and many more. He lived between 1809 and 1892, was a Poet Laureate of Great Britain and Ireland and is still one of the most popular British poets.

"Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all."
In Memoriam

“I sometimes hold it half a sin

To put in words the grief I feel;

For words, like Nature, half reveal

And half conceal the Soul within.



But, for the unquiet heart and brain,

A use in measured language lies;

The sad mechanic exercise,

Like dull narcotics, numbing pain.



In words, like weeds, I'll wrap me o'er,

Like coarsest clothes against the cold:

But that large grief which these enfold

Is given in outline and no more.”
In Memoriam

“Once in a golden hour,

I cast to earth a seed, 

And up there grew a flower, 

That others called a weed.” 

Alfred Tennyson



“Once in a golden hour,
I cast to earth a seed, 
And up there grew a flower, 
That others called a weed.” 
― Alfred Tennyson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster