Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Newly arrived books for 'Paris in July'

Paris in July is hosted by 'A Wondering Life' (Fashion and books), 'Dolce Bellezza' (Perfume and give aways), 'Adria' (Life in Paris and reflections as an author) and 'Tamara' (Travel and Food). The blogging and exchange can be anything that has to do with Paris. Go to links above for more information.


For this purpose, but not only, I ordered some books from Amazon which have just arrived. As you can see I am a little bit obsessed with Hemingway for the moment. It started with The Paris Wife by Paula McLain. Paris in the 1920 seems to have had a lot of interesting, artistic people living there; apart from Hadley and Ernest Hemingway, Gertrud Stein and Alice Toklas, James Joyce, Ezra Pound, Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald, Picasso and many more. These were the people who maid the Riviera into what it is today, since they used to spend their summer there.

Can't promise I will read them all for July, I do have a lot of other books to read as well, but I will do my best. The books are:

Ernest Hemingway by Carlos Baker
Paris Was Yesterday 1925-1939 by Janet Flanner
Hemingway The Paris Years by Michael Reynolds
The Hemingway Women by Bernice Kert
The Sun also Rises by Ernest Hemingway (have to read a book by the great man himself too)

and as an outcast, The Go-Between by L.P. Hartley which comes with good recommendations and one of the more famous first lines:

The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster