Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book lists - what to read?

When I read your blogs I always stumble into books that I feel I want to read. Considering all the books I already have, I feel I have to go through some of them, before I can start buying new ones. Not to forget which books I was interested in (yes, that happens all the time!) I have made a list of books that seems interesting to read.

Just today I read, at the blog "Pocketlover" (A blog in Swedish), how great the book Stoner by John Williams is. I went to Google and found a review by Julian Barnes in The Guardian who named it the book of 2013. Not bad for a book published in 1965! So this seems a must. Below is a list of books I think is worth reading, with no special order, just as they have popped up.



Do you make a list of books you want to read? Inspired by other blogs? Write a comment and refer to possible reviews. Who knows, my list might increase!  


  • The Weight of Blood by Laura McHugh
  • Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 
  • The Country Wife by William Wycherley
  • Time After Time (eBook) by D.P. Mendes-Kelly
  • A Moveable Feast by Hemingway
  • And the Sun Also Rises by Hemingway - received
  • Hemingway, the Paris Years by Michael Reynolds - received
  • Paris Was Yesterday by Janet Flanner - received/reading
  • EH A Life by Carlos Baker - received
  • Hemingway's Women - received
  • A book about the Dutch East India Company
  • The Taliban Cricket Club by Timeri Murari
  • A Cornish Affair by Liz Fenwick
  • En dos stryknin by Olle Mattsson (om gifter i litteraturen)
  • The Dutch Golden Age by Hans Goedkoop and Kees Zandvliet
  • The Seventh Etching by Judith K. White
  • I am Rembrandt's daughter by Lynn Cullen
  • The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure
  • Necessary Lies by Diane Chaubetlain ?
  • Becoming Jane Eyre by Sheila Kohler
  • A Divide of Inheritance by Deborah Swift
  • The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
  • The Entity by Eric Frattini
  • The Last Romance by Kathleen Valentine
  • We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
  • All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doers
  • Stoner by John Williams


Comments

  1. My (great) public library in Washington, DC lets me put indefinite holds on books I want to read in the future. While this is not a book list as such, I can always activate my "hold" whenever I feel like reading a book that had caught my attention previously. A great system, and everything completely free of charge. I LOVE US PUBLIC LIBRARIES!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster