Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Reading Murakami

As I mentioned in my post Just checking in ... I grabbed a few books for free. One of them was Haruki Murakami's Killing Commendatore.  I started reading and was totally absorbed by this book. Being on the road it was difficult to find time to read, but when I could I picked it up. I saw, but tried to ignore, that is said "The First Book" on the cover (I read it in Swedish). However, just when things were getting even more interesting the book ended, and I realised that there indeed was a book two. It seems that in Swedish the rather long book has been divided into two. 

Reading by Inari Lake in NE Finland

Quite desperate to continue reading I tried to download an e-book from the library. They did not have it as an e-book. I looked into other options to buy an e-book, but they were rather expensive, and since I had already read the first half I did not want to spend the money on just half a book.

Reading at a Inari café, enjoying coffee and
waffles with whipped cream and gooseberry jam


Reading by Inari River 

Well, now back at home, I finally got the book from the library. They even had it in my local library so very happy about that. I have already read about a third of it and is still mesmerised by this story. I am curious how it will end.

Finally got hold of part two!

Have you read it and what do you think about it? Just don't reveal anything about the story and ending. I am thinking that this is probably one of the best books I have read. Does it beat A Gentleman in Moscow? Difficult to say, they are two quite different kinds of books. And, after all, there is nothing that say you can't have two favourites and best books, is there?


Comments

  1. Murakami fascinates me. His stories are intriguing and odd, and yet strangely true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have to read more by him. I have only read some short stories before. I am looking forward to dwell into his novels. I have finished it now and there are a lot of things to think about. Lots to discuss in this world of his. Will see if I can sort myself out and write a review.

      Delete
  2. I have not heard of this book or author, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think he is worth looking into. I have only read a selection of short stories by him before, but must now venture into his other works. Quite amazing book.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler