Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The Valkyries by Paulo Coelho

I have to share some thoughts about this book, mainly because I absolutely love the cover.

Coelho is one of my favourite authors. He brings us the essential questions in life, with or without an answer. It is up to ourselves to reflect. The Valkyries is a somewhat different book. I am not able to say if it is a true story or not, although he indicates it is. Maybe, this is his intention? The couple in the book are called Paulo and Chris, man and wife, who travel to the Mojave desert to try to find their guardian angels. It is a search inside oneself, as well as a search for nature, life and all its mysteries. 

In the desert they encounter the Valkyries, a group of women traversing the desert on motorcycles, spreading the word of angels. They help the couple to open their eyes to what they do not hear and see. 

As usual with Coelho it is a magic, mythical story, taking us through imagination and letting us be inspired by his thoughts. What is the real world? What is not? Or, maybe he just wants to say that both worlds are here. In the end the couple, and specifically Paulo, realises that they have to forgive their past to be able to live in the future. I found more myth and imagination in this story than in some of his other novels.

Coelho's 'Master' "J", who recommended the trip, shows him a poem by Wilde saying: "we destroy what we love". I looked it up and found it in his poem The Ballad of Reading Gaol. It is quoted by the cover above. 



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler