Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Nonfiction November 2022 - week 3

This week's theme is Stranger Than Fiction. When real events are so strange and incredible that no fiction author could come up with such a story. 


Week 3: (November 14-18) – Stranger Than Fiction: This week we’re focusing on all the great nonfiction books that almost don’t seem real. A sports biography involving overcoming massive obstacles, a profile on a bizarre scam, a look into the natural wonders in our world—basically, if it makes your jaw drop, you can highlight it for this week’s topic. (Christopher @ Plucked from the Stacks)


I found it rather difficult to come up with something I have read this year. I go back to 2019 when I read Stalin - The Court of the Red Tsar by Simon Sebag Montefiore. The story of Stalin and how he ran the Soviet Union at the time was an antagonising read. I am sure no fiction author could possibly come up with a character like this.

I would also like to add a TV-series that I have been watching on Netflix. It is The Vatican Girl, The Disappearance of Emanuela Orlandi. It is an unbelievable, troublesome and touching story of a Emanuela who was kidnapped in 1983 when she was 15 years old. The mystery of what happened has troubled the family, police, lawyers and journalists ever since. It seems such an incredible story, and it shows that real life is stranger than fiction. 



Comments

  1. I've been meaning to watch The Vatican Girl because I heard about the case before and it's definitely stranger than fiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, it is really good, in spite of the sad message.

      Delete
  2. I must confess, I didn't read all my stories this year, only two of the five but I put together a theme.
    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my Stranger Than Fiction post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is ok Marianne. I think we can choose anything for this week, not necessarily something we read this year.

      Delete
    2. I would think so. After all, this is all voluntary.

      Delete
  3. I haven’t heard of either of these, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelleyrae, I though they were suitable for this week.

      Delete
  4. I hadn't heard of The Vatican Girl, but now I'm so curious. Might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, it was very good and interesting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler