Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave

I would highly recommend this book to anyone loving a thriller. It is mysterious, exciting and written from a different perspective. 

"Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect her. Despite her confusion and fear, Hannah Hall knows exactly to whom the note refers: Owen’s sixteen-year-old daughter, Bailey. Bailey, who lost her mother tragically as a child. Bailey, who wants absolutely nothing to do with her new stepmother.

As Hannah’s increasingly desperate calls to Owen go unanswered; as the FBI arrests Owen’s boss; as a US Marshal and FBI agents arrive at her Sausalito home unannounced, Hannah quickly realises her husband isn’t who he said he was. And that Bailey just may hold the key to figuring out Owen’s true identity—and why he really disappeared.

Hannah and Bailey set out to discover the truth, together. But as they start putting together the pieces of Owen’s past, they soon realise they are also building a new future. One neither Hannah nor Bailey could have anticipated."

Hanna is dragged into the events suddenly one evening. She does not really understand the note Owen sent. When Bailey finds a bag full of money and a note from her dad, Hanna realises that her husband maybe is not the man she though he was.

With the help of Bailey's few memories from her childhood, comments from friends and colleagues, Hanna knows they have travel to Atlanta to find out what is going on. They gather pieces here and there from Bailey's early life, a wedding, a party at a bar, until the picture becomes even more confused. With the help of a police officer investigating the disappearance and his earlier involvement in events, Hanna and Bailey finally finds out the truth. It is not what you expect.

I loved this book, mainly because I found it different from other thrillers, and it kept the story going without exaggerated actions. Hanna and Bailey are trustworthy characters and the search for husband/father brings them together. Furthermore, it leads to an end which is quite unexpected. I loved the end which is probably not what you would like or expect, but makes perfectly sense. 

I read on Wikipedia that "in 2020, Reese Witherspoon's Hello Sunshine optioned 'The Last Thing He Told Me' to be produced as a limited series on Apple starring Jennifer Garner." I can perfectly well imagine Jennifer Garner as Hanna. There are no further information on the film according to IMDB. She has obviously written a few other books, so there will be others to enjoy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler