Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

September Wrap-up

I can't believe that we have already entered the month of October. Autumn is here in Sweden and the trees start to change colour into wonderful yellow/orange/red. Still the green is trying to keep its grip. The other day we were visiting the 'House of Tomatoes' (image below). For more on this you can go to my newsletter, The Content Reader Newsletter. You can subscribe for free and unsubscribe at any time. 

I only read six books this months. They were all very slow, although not bad. Sometimes the finishing of a book goes very fast, and other times I struggle with finishing a book. Here are the books I read.

  • Beckford, William - Vathek
  • Sansom, C.J. - Dissolution
  • Harrison Lindbergh, Katarina - Nordiska Gudasagor (Nordic Norse Tales (my transl)
  • Wung-Sung, Jesper - Kvinna sedd bakifrån (Woman Seen From Behind (my transl)
  • Jenkins Reid, Taylor - The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
  • Larm, Victoria - Den nionde kretsen 

My own challenge
  • a nonfiction from my TBR - The Norse Tales by Katarina Harrison Lindbergh - the myths behind the Gods.
  • a fiction from my TBR - Dissolution by C.J. Sansom - it has been on my shelves for many years. It seems to be his first novel, and the first in the Matthew Shardlake series. The story is set in the 16th century during the dissolution of the monasteries. The lawyer, Shardlake, is sent to Scarnsea, on the south coast of England, by Thomas Cromwell, to try to solve the murders of one of Cromwell's commissioners.  
  • a translated novel outside of the English- and Swedish speaking countries - Woman Seen From Behind by Jesper Wung-Sung (Danish) about the wife of Danish painter Wilhelm Hammershøi. 
  • a classic tale - Vathek by William Beckford - not so much to say about this Gothic classic. It is a messy account of the life of a Caliph Vatek, totally uninteresting. It has not survived the times in which it was written. 
  • a book from my Wish list - The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid - the best book of the month, and possibly one of the best I have read this year. A review will come. 
To my surprise I managed to do my own challenge this month. It was without any planning at all. This month show my just grabbing a book. The last three ones I borrowed from the library so had to read them within a limited time. I am also reading two books for two book clubs, so busy with them. They are Violeta by Isabel Allende and a historical mystery The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turton. The last one I am actually listening to, but I don't like it at all. 

As regards the other challenges there is not so much to say. Let's see if I manage to plan my reading for October a little bit better. 

Planning for October
  • a nonfiction from my TBR shelves chosen by a random generator - Norwich, John Julius - Byzantium II: The Apogee (NF)
  • a fiction from my TBR shelves chosen by a random generator - Hoffman, Alice - Fortune's Daughter (e-book)
  • a translated novel outside of the English- and Swedish speaking countries  - Mo Yan - The Red Field (Chinese)
  • a classic tale - Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
  • a book from my Wish list - Magnusson, Sally - The Seawoman's Gift
I have a few other books in the pipe-line so let's see how far I will go with the list. 


Comments

  1. Love the variety of tomatoes! Happy spooky season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. They were very good. I used the fresh tomatoes for different sauces. The taste of fresh tomatoes is something different than the canned ones.

      Delete
    3. They were so good Fredamans. I made different sauces, and they taste so much better than canned tomatoes. I still have some and think I will do a tomato chutney.

      Delete
  2. I love the tomatoes and hope you enjoy the Sally Magnusson book, which I loved even though its genre wasn't one I normally choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were excellent LyzzBee. I got Magnusson's book on my random number generator, and looked for the book. It seems it is not available in Sweden, hm. It really sounds interesting so I will look outside Sweden later on.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Emma. Great author, will have to look for other books with this detective. I have read his Winter in Madrid, which is a totally different kind of book. I liked it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster