Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

October Wrap-Up

The months go fast that is for sure. Already time for another wrap-up. October seemed a little bit slow. I felt I read a lot, but never really seemed to finish any books.  Let's see how my challenges were doing this month. I did not follow my plan from end of September, that is for sure. 

View over Öresund where I take my walks 

Books read in October (8 books)

Violeta by Isabel Allende
The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave
The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turston
Sarek (The Couple's Trip) by Ulf Kvensler
Death Comes to the Archbishop by Willa Cather
Livläkarens besök (The Visit of the Royal Physician) by Per-Olov Enquist
Fifty Plants that Changed the Course of History by Bill Laws
Norrhem, Svante - Christina och Carl Piper, en biografi (NF)

My own challenge

  • a nonfiction from my TBR -  Fifty Plants that Changed the Course of History by Bill Laws
  • a fiction from my TBR - Livläkarens besök (The Visit of the Royal Physician) by Per-Olov Enquist
  • a translated novel outside of the English- and Swedish speaking countries - Violeta by Isabel Allende (Spanish)
  • a classic tale - Death Comes to the Archbishop by Willa Cather
  • a book from my Wish list - none
Well, turned out not so bad after all. 

Planning for November

I have to give up my usual challenges for November. The month is filled with external challenges; Nonfiction November, Novellas in November and German Literary Month. My only consolation is that novellas are rather short. My main focus will be on Nonfiction and then I will see what I can do with the rest. I am looking forward to all of them. 



Comments

  1. Good job!!! Happy Halloween and happy Movember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fredamans, the same to you. November will be a busy month with several challenges, making it fun.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley Rae, it picked up at the end of the month.

      Delete
  3. You did well in October. I hope you enjoy Nonfiction November all of the rest of your November challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did pick up at the end of the month Deb. Now I am head into all the reading for November.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler