Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Novellas in November 2022

 


Coming up shortly is Novellas in November hosted by Cathy of 746 Books and Rebecca of Bookish Beck. Cathy and Rebecca have set a category for each week – there are no rules as such (although they suggest that 150–200 pages is the upper limit for a novella, and post-1980 as a definition of ‘contemporary’). 

This year they will be hosting a buddy read throughout the month. The book chosen is Foster by Claire Keegan. If you want to join in, you can read Foster online and review it at any point throughout the month. There is also an Irish language film version of Foster – An Cailín Ciúin – which was released this year to rave reviews and is widely tipped for an Oscar nomination. Go to their websites for more detailed info. 


1 – 7 November: Short Classics (Rebecca)

8 – 14November: Novellas in Translation (Cathy)

15 – 21 November: Short Non-Fiction (Rebecca)

22 – 28 November: Contemporary Novellas (Cathy)

29/30 November: My Month in Novellas/ New to my TBR


I can not promise to join all month, but will see what I can do. Here are some suggestions that I picked up from Books Are My Favourite and Best that appealed to me. 

Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote (100pp)

Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (194pp)

Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton (99pp)

Eve in Hollywood by Amor Towles (91pp)

Unfortunately, I don't have any novellas on my TBR shelves, but maybe on my e-book shelves. If you have any suggestions that could fit into one of the weeks, please let me know. Especially translated ones. 

Comments

  1. Well, as you know, I prefer "real" books to novellas but there are a few that I have enjoyed. And with Non-Fiction November, I wouldn't add another challenge to the month. I did that last year with a buddy read (The Satanic Verses) and that was definitely too much.
    But I'm looking forward to your reviews. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne, I don't think there will be many reviews. But who knows, these are short books and should be faster to read. I have downloaded E.T.A. Hoffmann's book 'The Sandman'. I think they just made it into a movie. The trailer looks strange to me, but maybe the book is clearer. Let's hope.

      Delete
    2. I didn't know that and just checked. Looks like they are in the middle of making it and Iggy Pop is the Sandman. Yikes. Although, he is probably a good one for that role.

      Delete
    3. Marianne, it is already on Netflix. I have not seen it yet. I will read it first, just to be sure.

      Delete
    4. Sometimes that's a good idea, sometimes not so much. Enjoy.

      Delete
  2. I would love to join in, if only it were another month...I devote November to nonfiction. Maybe next year I'll do novellas instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Deb, I wish the same. I think there is also The German Literature month as well, which I would like to join. Maybe I can combine since I am reading a novella by ETA Hoffmann. To kill two birds with one stone.

      Delete
  3. I feel like I'm over-egging things now with all these people saying they're only doing one. But yet again, I'm doing novellas (I have a good few on my TBR shelves, fortunately), and nonfiction (and some of the novellas are nonfic) AND Auslit month (AND one of my nonfic novellas is Australian!). But I'm not doing the novellas themed weeks: that's a step too far for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On, on as they say in the Hash House Harriers. Very good LyzzyBee. I would wish that they were spread over the rest of the year, but I guess there is always a challenge going on through the year. You are a fast reader, so I am sure you can make an input for all of them. I will try to mix as well; nonfiction/novella/german. I have one for the last two at least, The Sandman by E.T.A. Hoffmann. Good luck for a productive November.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler