Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Nonfiction November - week 4

 


Week 4: (November 23-27) – Katie@Doing Dewey is rounding things up with her post "New to My TBR".  As she says, it has been a month full of amazing nonfiction books. Her last question for this year's challenge is: "Which ones have made it onto your TBR?" Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book! 

I have been inspired by all of you, especially for books outside my comfort zone. I have added a few books to my wishlist. I mention the books here but can't, unfortunately, not remember at which blogs I read about them. I hope you recognise your own titles. If you do, please leave a comment below. 

For week 2 I asked the experts for books set in the Kingdom of Naples at the beginning of the 14th century. I had just read historical fiction The Girl Who Tempted Fortune by Jane Ann McLachlan, and wanted to read nonfiction about the same time. Emma at Words and Peace kindly recommended two books which are now on my wishlist. 

  • The History of the Kingdom of Naples: From the Accession of Charles of BOurbon to the Death of Ferdinand I by Pietro Colletta
  • Medieval Naples: A Documentary History 400-1400 by Ronald G. Musto

Other recommendations that I am looking forward to read. 

  • Writing Wild by Kathryn Aalto
  • Only Happiness Here (about Elizabeth von Armin) by Gabrielle Carey
  • Happy Old Me by Hunter Davis
  • Paris Without End: The True Story of Hemingway's First Wife by Gioia Diliberto
  • Coffeeland: One man's dark empire and the making of our favorite drug by Augustine Sedgewick

Thank you all for providing interesting nonfiction reads. 

Comments

  1. Emma at Words and Peace always has great recommendations. I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has, and she seems very knowledgable. She also find gems in books that are not that known.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting. My favourites would be the Naples books, Paris Without End and Coffeeland. But they all sound good.

    I haven't bought any new non-fiction books lately because I still have quite a few on my TBR list but I mentioned the ones I bought last on my Week 4 post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't say I actually bought the books, but they ended up on my wish list to read. These days I try to borrow the books or download as e-books since my shelves are rather full.

      Delete
    2. I'd love to borrow more but then I'd get them all in German. :-(

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler