Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Your Lucky Spin Number is...

The Classic Club spin #21 for books to read until 31 October 2019, turned out to be #5. Book #5 on my list is Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoj. It is a book I wanted to read for a long time, but it is a very thick one. I have a beautiful, old hardback translated from the Russian by Constance Garnett and illustrated by Fritz Eichenberg. It is printed by Doubleday & Company, Inc. in New York in 1948. As you see from the image below, the illustrations are beautiful.


It will feel special to read this version. And as you see...I have already read the very famous beginning of this book.

Comments

  1. Enjoy! I think it is a great one, but it is long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. That is why I have dreaded starting it earlier. I have seen several films based on the novel, so know the story. I have just started. The writing is wonderful so I have faith I will be able to finish it.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous edition you have!
    It will be a pleasure to pick every day - enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be. Will help me going through this thick novel. I have seen several film versions so I know the story. That is probably why I have dreaded to pick it up. It would be more exciting not to know the story.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler