Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56

The Content Reader

Another week and another challenge for a good book beginning and interesting quotes from page 56. This week I have found On Canaan's Side by Sebastian Barry. A short review will be up on Monday, 30 September.



Book beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader
"Bill is gone.What is the sound of an eighty-nine-year-old heart breaking? It might not be much more than silence, and certainly a small slight sound."

The Friday 56 hosted by Freda´s Voice
"Amazement and delight were Mr Eugenides' bywords. When Bill was going into the army, just a couple of years ago, Mr Eugenides bought him a copy of Homer in translation, which Bill dutifully brought with him to the war.In this way, Bill and I, on very separate occasions, received the same book, in different editions and translations, as a gift."

Comments

  1. Such a sad beginning!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. It is a very sad story, although with some happy points in it. A very touching story.

      Delete
  2. I have one of SébastiN Barry's books on my TBR pile. I've heard such good things about his work. I hope you enjoyed On Canaan's Side. Such a sad opening. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite authors. He never disappoints you. Yes, a sad opening to a sad story, even if there are happier times. Barry manages to capture stories of our lives in a touching way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster