Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56




This week, I have chosen the book Gloved Heart by Charlotte Brentwood. A historical fiction, with an unusual story line. My review under link above.




Book beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader
"Screams echoed in every corner of the room, and in her mind. 
There was agony, humiliation and confusion... Her dress torn, her skin ripped, and a man intent on possessing her, no matter the cost. She had never felt more helpless, worthless, or alone.  
Amy woke with tears pouring down her cheeks, but the incessant cries she could hear were not her own.  
It was the consequence of that hideous night: a baby born of sin. Motherhood had been thrust upon her, her life irrevocably altered."



The Friday 56 hosted by Freda´s Voice
"Henry was inwardly bubbling with anticipation at the idea of spending some time with her as he took her home, completely alone. But first there was a job to be done, and it was more challenging than shifting hay."

Comments

  1. I usually don't read historical, but I am pulled into the beginning. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quite unusual. It is an unusual story and well written.

      Delete
  2. This one sounds goo -- I just read your review. Thanks for playing along with BBOF. I've been so busy at work the past several months that I haven't had time to visit my fellow BB friends. But things have calmed down a little, for a while, so I hope to come around more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good book, and well written. I know, work can be so busy. I am now retired so have all the time in the world...or not. I seem to occupy myself even more than when I was working. That is the pleasure of having time on your hand. You can use it for your interests, rather than work. Not saying that work can not be full of pleasure as well.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Happy weekend. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster