Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

20 books of summer and beyond

20 Books of Summer
20 Books of Summer was hosted by 746 books, and I daringly joined in the end of May. It was at a time when my reading was at its highest. Even in June I finished 11 books. Looking at the list now, I realise is a little bit on the ambitious side. Some of the books are rather thick and take time to read and consider. Having read only four books from the list is somewhat a failure.


My summer reading was SLOW! I was travelling, camping, had visitors and visited family, so there is a little bit of an excuse. From having read 11 books in June, I went to 1(?) in July and 7 in August. We are already a third into September and I have only read one book. What is happening?

1. Ashdown-Hill, John - Eleanor, the Secret Queen - Read
2. Barry, Sebastian - On Canaan's Side - Read
3. Boyd, William - Ordinary Thunderstorms - Read
6. Freud, Esther - Mr Mac and Me - Read
10. Larkin, Philip - The Whitsun Wedding (poetry) - Started
14. McBain, Laurie - Tears of Gold - Started

The full list is found here.

I will keep the list and see how many I have finished by the end of the year. Considering that they are all on my TBR it would be good to finish some of them. It seems I have read a lot of thrillers this summer, mainly by Swedish writers. You can't avoid them living in Sweden. They seem to 'spam' the market.

Read this year
I have read 62 books so far this year, and I am pleased with that. Every time I read your posts, read a review in the paper, there are so many interesting books. Almost panicking a little bit, that I can't read them all. But that is life.

TBR
From my shelves, and for Bev's Mount TBR challenge, I have read 23 books (books purchased before 2019). I have aimed for 48, so a few to go. I better get starting. All in all I have read 33 books from my shelves.

Print only 
As told by Tina's challenge of Print only books, I have read 46. I have the privilege to borrow books at the library now, as well as a, Borrow and Read club at the local book shop.

Calendar of Crime
Another challenge from Bev at My Reader's Block. A crime book a month with certain criteria for every month. April and July are missing otherwise I managed to find the right books. Still looking for September.

The year of Shakespeare
Hosted by Hibernator Library, the aim is to read one History, one Comedy and one Tragedy. I managed the Comedy with The Taming of the Shrew, missed out on King John for history, but might make it before the end of the year. Still to come is Hamlet for tragedy.

What's in a Name
I just recently joined this and have read three titles that fit in to the six mentioned. It is hosted by Andrea @ Carolina Book Nook. Three to go. Full list under Challenges 2019.

The European Reading Challenge
I have finalised this one with five books by authors or books set in five different European countries. Hosted by Rose City Reader means I took a 'Five Star (Deluxe Entourage) tour.

Read 52 books in 52 Weeks
Another great challenge which, due to my lack of reading in summer has big gaps through several weeks. Hosted by Robin. I have missed out weeks; 18, 20 and 28-33.

Moby Dick Read Along
This is the first read along I am participating in. Hosted by Brona's Books, I think I will be able to read this classic. It should be read between August 2019 - February 2020. I am on chapter 18.

A small summary of my summer reading and a re-cap of the challenges I am participating in.  On, on, for the next books.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster