Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

After the summer

Hello again. Long time no see! It has been quiet on this blog for some time. From mid-July I have been travelling, seen family and have had visitors. A busy time which gave no time neither for blogging, nor for reading. In July I only finished ONE book! Scandalous, but what can you do.

We have been camping among other things. We visited the island of Gotland and Fårö on the SE coast of Sweden. Wonderful place and more about that later. This picture is from the mainland, but it is not so bad to fall asleep and wake up to this view!

Now things are calming down, but I have been reluctant to come back to the computer. I have tried to follow my usual blogs, commenting some, and even following a read-along of Moby Dick. Slowly, slowly, I also have finished a few books. Mostly thrillers which tend to be easily read.

I have had a few thoughts during the summer on where I want to go with my blog. I am still thinking and planning a few changes. They will be revealed soon.

I did manage to read seven books in August, of which there will be one review and a few short ones. I have now enrolled in my book store's annual book group, 'Borrow and Read'. You pay around 40€ and you get to borrow and read 55 books. A good deal if any. You get to keep the last book you borrow as well. I started with a favourite author and a book that has got good reviews among my blogger friends, Kate Morton's The Clockmaker's Daughter. So far so good.

I will also continue with Moby Dick read along hosted by Brona @ Brona's Books. Feel free to join, it will continue until end of February. I find it excellent to read it this way. I notice that some bloggers don't seem to have a problem reading it all at once! Like Deb Nance @ Readerbuzz! Well done, and excellent blog post about it as well. Me, I take it rather easy. Although must admit that the writing is very good, and so far, not so difficult as I expected. Let's see what I think, once I have finished it.

Yes, it is me swimming in the Blue Lagoon on Fårö
Now, I am thinking back of the wonderful holidays camping. Such a simple life and close to nature. A lot of swimming, like on this photo, since it was another nice and warm summer here in Sweden.

Looking forward catching up with you all and be inspired for more interesting reading and blogging in the autumn.


Comments

  1. Your holidays sound lovely and the photos back it up -- really beautiful! It's hard getting back into an online routine after being off one for awhile but it's nice to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lovely summer, out in the fresh air. This you get for free when camping! Breaking routine is nice, but, as you say, hard to get back to.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a fantastic summer. Summer reading totals always go down because of activities that take away time from reading, I think.

    I loved the Moby Dick readalong. Having others read Moby Dick with me helped get me going, and once I got going I just could not stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, here in the north of Europe, one has to enjoy the sunny months. Reading is nice when the autumn comes with rain and wind! Also enjoying the Moby Dick readalong. Don't think I would have been able to go through it otherwise. I have never been really interesting in details of sea faring!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler