Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Time to Get Your Goth On!

The Classics Club dares you to dare for the month of October. It is a slightly different challenge from an earlier one it seems. This time the rules are much easier.

"During OCTOBER we DARE you to face your fears and get your Goth on!  Simply read a CLASSIC book from your #CClist that you classify as thrilling, a mystery, or Gothic. It could even be a book or author that SCARES you (because of its length, its topic, its reputation etc). Combine it with other challenges if you wish such as R.I.P XIII or #Frankenfest with our very Marg@BooksinBloom.

I don't really have any scary books on my list. Should be the length of them in that case. I am reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen now. It should have been finished for Austen in August, but, but...I don't really like this book at all, although a fan of Jane Austen in general. What a boring book, boring people and not much happening at all. I guess I could put this on the list to read, due to the dread I have in opening the book. Ok, I will finish it in October at the latest, this is a promise. I have about one third left so this will only be a bonus read.


I will go for Jostein Gaarder's Sophie's World which has been on my TBR for ages. I bought it when it came out, and don't really know why I have not read it. However, thinking back on my reading experience, it might be more suitable to read it now rather than when I bought it. I think it will be a real challenge to read. So be it!

I read Frankenstein some years ago and really loved it. Would be a suitable book for this challenge. Looking forward to see what you are all reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler