Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

For the Love of Notebooks



I have got a fling for notebooks. Can hardly resist buying one, although I do have a few at home. In my quest to buy small and light souvenirs, I usually go for bookmarks. Sometimes I am not able to resist a small notebook as well.

During my trip to Innsbruck and London I purchased two of them. The cover of the first one you see to the left above, and the back cover below. Beautiful covers taken from Book of Writing Patterns from the end of the 16th century. It is absolutely lovely with the peacock and various styles of writing. The inside pages are blank and I will use it for journaling. Possibly with a historical theme from my visits.

The second one (to the right above) is an A6 size sketchbook from the Freud Museum in London. A lovely and interesting museum, situated in a villa area at the Swiss Cottage underground station. A beautiful walk from the station to the house. On the day I was there the sun was shining and the garden was open for visitors. A wonderful place to live for the Freud family. Freud himself died the year after they arrived in England, but the rest of the family stayed on. His youngest daughter Anna, went in his foot steps and became a famous psychiatrist as well. It was her wish that the house should be turned into a museum when she died. I will dedicate this notebook for the soul. Reflecting on good things in life and mind inspiring thoughts.


I will hopefully be able to show you some of my journaling later on.

Comments

  1. Oh I so understand. I'm a sucker for notebooks too -- far more than I use, I fear. I'm planning to pick up one or two (and bookmarks, I agree -- wonderful souvenirs) when we are in Paris and England next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my pile tends to increase. Although, I have put my mind to use them for various notations. The problem is just to remember where which notes are! I am sure you will find glorious notebooks on your trip. Looking forward seeing what you find.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler