Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56



The book this week is She Rises by Kate Worsley, comes from my TBR shelves. I got interested in the summary on the back cover. Does not mean I have read it yet! But getting inspired by the beginning and page 56, I might start it soon.

"Louise Fletcher, a young dairymaid on an eighteenth-century Essex farm, has long been warned of the lure of the sea - after all, it stole away her father and brother. But when she is offered work as a maid in the naval port of Harwich, she leaps at the chance to see more of the world.
Fifteen-year-old Luke has been press-ganged into His Majesty's Navy and sent to sea. Aching for the girl he has left behind, he must learn fast if he is to survive. Louise's and Luke's new worlds are dangerous and exciting, but when they collide the consequences are astonishing. "

Book beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader.
"It's the singing that wakes him. He does not move, he cannot move, there's a body pressed heavy against his left side. He won't be opening his eyes neither, his head hurts so."

The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice.

"The pen scratches.
'Sir, please, forgive me, sir, you are mistaken -'
De Clare pauses. 'Mistaken? I think not.' He raises his voice: 'Luke Fletcher, welcome to the
Essex.'The boy takes a gasping breath. The moment, this was the moment, and it is gone. And over and over for years to come, he will ask himself: shy did I not tell the truth?"

Comments

  1. Based on the cover, sadly, I wouldn't pick it up. But based on those snippets, I would. :-) Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the cover is not that bad, and I sort of think it is at least connected to the story. I am about one third through, and I am not overjoyed. Let's see when I readh the end!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler