Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Bookmark Monday


This meme is hosted by Guiltless Reading and it is all about bookmarks This week I present three fantastic bookmarks (although two are postcards) printed from paintings exhibited in Castle Ambras in Innsbruck. They have three floors of marvellous paintings of the Habsburg family. On their website Castle Ambras you can read the following on the portraits.

"Habsburg portrait gallery 
The Portrait Gallery contains over 200 likenesses, including paintings by Lukas Cranach, Titian, Anton van Dyck and Diego Velázquez. Most of the Habsburgs and numerous other rulers are represented by portraits—including Emperor Maximilian I, Emperor Charles V, King Phillip II of Spain, the young Maria Theresia and Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent. Of special interest are the numerous portraits of children, such as the picture of the three-year-old Eleonora Gonzaga which is attributed to Rubens. 
No family influenced the history of Europe over the centuries to the extent that the Habsburgs did. From the 15th to the early 20th century, they provided numerous Emperors and Kings and were related either by blood or by marriage to nearly every important European dynasty. The portrait gallery offers not only a walk through the history of a European ruling house, but also affords the viewer a unique overview of courtly portraiture from the late Gothic era to Classicism. 
The Portrait Gallery is located in the Upper Castle, where the living quarters were during the time of Ferdinand II."

My three bookmarks shows three Habsburg nobles; Maria of Burgundy, Infanta Maria Teresa I (not to be mixed up with the Empress Maria Theresia) and the very distinct profile of Emperor Maximilian I. 

Comments

  1. I like all of these, Lisbeth! I'm looking forward to buying bookmarks in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward seeing what you will find.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler