Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

New Audio Books



In a few days I will go to Sweden. It is, more or less, a 12 hour drive. Normally, I listen to music, but lately I have tried to listen to audio books. With music your mind can drift without a problem, but with an audio book? No! That is a little bit my problem when driving and I don't use my ear plugs. On the other hand, it is probably just a matter of getting used to. It definitely helps to smooth the journey.

For the time being I am listening to Mythos by Stephen Fry, and he is also narrating it. This is the first audio book, where I really enjoy listening. The stories are great, each one is not so long, so very suitable to listen to when you do it in small doses. Furthermore, Stephen Fry is an excellent narrator and I have to laugh loudly sometimes. I really enjoy this book. A new way of looking at the Greek myths. Review will follow once I have finished. I have a little bit over six hours to listen, which will take me half way to Sweden.


Since I have two credits with my Audible account (not sponsored) I decided to download two more books. I choose two books that have been recommended by you bloggers (sorry, don't know who recommended it, I usually just put the book to my to read list), but I am sure you will recognise them.

Wedlock, How Georgian Britain's Worst Husband Met His Match by Wendy Moore. Real life stories from history, which I love.

The Phantom Tree by Nicola Cornick.
Summary from Goodreads: Browsing antiques shops in Wiltshire, Alison Bannister stumbles across a delicate old portrait – supposedly of Anne Boleyn. Except Alison knows better… The woman is Mary Seymour, the daughter of Katherine Parr who was taken to Wolf Hall in 1557 as an unwanted orphan and presumed dead after going missing as a child.
The painting is more than just a beautiful object from Alison’s past – it holds the key to her future, unlocking the mystery surrounding Mary’s disappearance, and the enigma of Alison’s son.
But Alison’s quest soon takes a dark and foreboding turn, as a meeting place called the Phantom Tree harbours secrets in its shadows…
Another mystery from history, sounds intriguing.

I also have Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn as a reserve. Wanted to read this for a long time, and before I see the movie. Another one waiting at the side line is Richard Holloway's A Little History of Religion. I think it will be a pleasant and interesting drive. The more I listen, the more I will learn to "read" books this way. It is still not my favourite way. 

What about you? I see a lot of you often listen to audio books and seem to go through them quickly. For me an audio book takes weeks and months to finish. I usually listen when I am out walking, haha. You see, not that often it seems. More walking, more books read. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler