Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56




Friday again and I don't know where this week went. I am now in Sweden and have finally organised most of the things I brought with me. I just squeezed in the books in the already overfull book cases. I just have to read some books fast in order to make space. Yes, I don't save all the books anymore. Mostly the non-fiction and some fiction that I really love.

I just started Catherine Cookson's Kate Hannigan's Girl and will use that for the beginning and page 56 this week. It was a long time since I read Cookson, and got inspired when I read the biography by Cliff Goodwin; To be a lady: Story of Catherine Cookson (my review under link).

Book beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader
"Annie stood gripping her bicycle and staring wide-eyed at the tall, auburn-haired boy leaning nonchalantly across his saddle.
'What did Cathleen Davidson tell you?' she asked."

The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice
"He stared at her. Her utter selflessness hurt him; he felt mean and small before the greatness of it. He pulled her towards him and enfolded her gently in his arms."

What do you think about Catherine Cookson?

Comments

  1. Those book cases are never big enough, are they? I don't know Catherine Cookson's work personally. I may have to check her out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished the book. She does write very well and her characters are well drawn.
      You are right, book cases never seem to be enough. I have to read some and give away, because I just can't keep them all.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster