Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56


Friday again! The weeks go so fast nowadays, and Friday has already passed when I realise I did not participate in this memes, hosted by Rose City Reader and Freda's Voice. Therefore, I am writing this on a Tuesday. This week I will choose the book I am currently reading; The Survivors by Jane Harper. A favourite author and this is her latest. I am only just in the beginning, but it is promising.


"A body on a beach.
 Secrets that have been waiting to be uncovered for twelve years.
And a family torn apart by guilt and trauma."


Rose City Reader hosting Book Beginnings on Fridays

"Prologue

She could - almost - have been one of The Survivors."

"Chapter 1

Kieran hoped the numbness would set in soon. The ocean's icy burn usually mellowed into something more neutral, but as the minutes ticked by he still felt cold. He braced himself as a fresh wave. broke against his skin."


Freda's Voice hosting The Friday 56

"Kieran could see Lyn trying very hard to think of a good explanation. A good, perfectly plausible reason why a young woman might venture into the sea, in her uniform, late at night. A reason that would allow them all to avoid acknowledging an alternative that was suddenly hanging thick and dark and heavy in the air between them. None of them gave it life by putting it into words."


Comments

  1. Sounds like a page turner!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It really is a page turner. Somewhat slow in the beginning but then things start to happen. Harper is fantastic in building up the tension with small means. Happy (new) weekend to you.

      Delete
  2. I like the quotes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a really great book. Harper is fantastic, love all the books I have read by her. Only one missing is The Lost Man and this I will read soon.

      Delete
  3. That's quite an intro!

    Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler