Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56

Friday coming up! I am just wondering where the time goes? Tomorrow the sun is promised, so I hope we can go out for a walk. Very windy here in Sweden now. On the other hand, bad autumn weather is a good excuse to stay at home and read a good book.

Therefore I have chosen one of my favourite authors for this week's beginning and page 56, Sebastian

Barry's Days Without End.

"Time was not something then we thought of as an item that possessed an ending, but something that would go on for ever, all rested and stopped in that moment. hard to say what I mean by that. You look back at all the endless years when you never had that thought. I am doing that now as I write these words in Tennessee. I am thinking of the days without end of my life. And it is not like that now ..."






Book Beginnings on Fridays
hosted by Rose City Reader

"The method of laying out a corpse in Missouri sure took the proverbial cake. Like decking out our poor lost troopers for marriage rather than death."





The Friday 56
hosted by Freda's Voice

"We was told in St Louis to take a northern route because every blade of grass was eaten between Missouri and Fort Laramie. Them thousand thousand horses, cattle, oxen, and mules. Lots of new boys in the 6th, lots of forlorn Irish, usual big dark boys. Joking, all that teasing Irish do, but somewhere behind it the dark wolves staring, the hunger wolves under the hunger moons."



Comments

  1. I love the way it sounds when I read the snippets! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Sebastian Barry never fails you. You're into his characters from page one. His writing is beautiful and dynamic. Have just started but know I will have a good time ahead of me.
      Happy weekend!

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good! I hear I have one of Sebastian Barry's earlier books on my TBR. I've heard such great things about his books. I hope you enjoy this one! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He never disappoints you. Which book is it that you have?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler