Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The Nobel Prize in Literature 2018 and 2019

The local library had an open invitation for a Nobel reception, to await the announcement of the new Laureates of the Academy.


A lot of expert guesses before the announcement. Several important writers from all over the world was suggested. Once Mats Malm took the floor, it was announced that two European writers, one woman and one man has been awarded the prize. Polish Olga Tokarczuk won the prize for 2018, and Austrian author Peter Handke for 2019. I am not familiar with any of the two authors, but am looking forward to read something by both of them.


The 2018 prize is awarded to Polish author Olga Tokarczuk,
“for a narrative imagination that with encyclopedic passion represents the crossing of boundaries as a form of life.”
I am looking forward reading something by her, and it seems that her 2014 novel The Books of Jacob is well worth to start with. She also won the Man Booker International Prize 2018,  for Flights. 


The 2019 prize is awarded to Austrian author Peter Handke,
“for an influential work that with linguistic ingenuity has explored the periphery and the specificity of human experience.”
He is an author as well as a play wright. Suggestions to start with might be, Short Letter, Long Farewell, from 1972 and The Left Handed Woman, from 1976 (also made into a film).

Anyone who has read anything by these two authors? Any recommendations? What do you think of the choices from the Academy? Did you have a favourite of your own?


Comments

  1. I have only read the latest book by Olga, it was good, but I would need to read more to really understand her real worth: https://wordsandpeace.com/2019/04/11/book-review-drive-your-plow-over-the-bones-of-the-dead/
    Unfortunately, I haven't read any book by Handke, i just asked for one of his books through inter library loan, BUT I watched Wings of Desire, which is an amazing movie. He wrote the script.
    I have been wishing for Haruki Murakami to get the Nobel, but as they recently gave it to another Japanese author...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler