Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56


The Content Reader


Friday once again, and time for Book Beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56.  This week I go for a library book that I borrowed a couple of days ago. Calypso by David Sedaris.  Here an extract from the back cover:
"When David Sedaris buys a beach house on the Carolina coast, he envisions long, relaxing vacations spent playing board games and lunging in the sun with those he loves most. And life at the Sea Section, as he names the vacation home, is as idyllic as he imagined, except for one vexing realization: it's impossible to take a vacation from yourself. "
The Content Reader


Book Beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader
"Though there's an industry built on telling you otherwise, there are few real joys to middle age. The only perk I can see is that, with luck, you'll acquire a guest room. Some people get one by default when their kids leave home, and others, like me, eventually trade up and land a bigger house." 

The Content Reader


The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

"Who wants to date you anyway? I wondered, scowling at the photos. 
I'm not one of those short men who feels he got shafted. Yes, it's hard to buy things off the rack, but that's what tailors are for. I fit easily into airplane seats. I can blend into crowds hen I want to. Added height would be of no more use to me than a square head, so who needs it? "

A little bit of humour would be the summary of this book. Looking forward reading it.

Comments

  1. I believe this one is on my GR list somewhere. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read more of David Sedaris in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler