Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Non Fiction November Challenge


Nonfiction November is coming up, hosted by Readerbuzz and co-hosts. I think one third of all my books are nonfiction, so I am ready to go. Co-hosting with Deb Nance are: Katie at Doing Dewey, Julz of Julz Reads, Rennie of What’s Nonfiction, Sarah of Sarah’s Book Shelves, and Leann of Shelf Aware.

The event will run from Oct 28 – Nov 30 

November is dedicated to our favourite nonfiction. There will be talks, discussions, exchange of views, recommendations and lots more. On top of this I expect to find new blogging friends who, like me, love nonfiction. Head over to Readerbuzz for more practical details on posting, links etc. Below is the schedule of events and the host for each week.

Schedule of Events

Week 1 (Oct. 28 to Nov. 1)

Your Year in Nonfiction So Far (Hosted by Julie at Julz Reads)

Take a look back at your year of nonfiction and reflect on the following questions – What was your favourite nonfiction read of the year? Do you have a particular topic you’ve been attracted to more this year? What nonfiction book have you recommended the most? What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?

Week 2 (Nov. 4 to Nov. 8)

Nonfiction / Fiction Book Pairing (Hosted by Sarah at Sarah’s Book Shelves)

This week, pair up a nonfiction book with a fiction title. It can be a “If you loved this book, read this!” or just two titles that you think would go well together. Maybe it’s a historical novel and you’d like to get the real history by reading a nonfiction version of the story.

Week 3 (Nov. 11 to Nov. 15)

Be The Expert/Ask the Expert/Become the Expert (Hosted by Katie at Doing Dewey)

Three ways to join in this week! You can either share three or more books on a single topic that you have read and can recommend (be the expert), you can put the call out for good nonfiction on a specific topic that you have been dying to read (ask the expert), or you can create your own list of books on a topic that you’d like to read (become the expert).

Week 4 (Nov. 18 to Nov. 22)

Nonfiction Favourites (Hosted by Leann at Shelf Aware)

We’ve talked about how you pick nonfiction books in previous years, but this week I’m excited to talk about what makes a book you’ve read one of your favourites. Is the topic pretty much all that matters? Are there particular ways a story can be told or particular writing styles that you love? Do you look for a light, humorous approach or do you prefer a more serious tone? Let us know what qualities make you add a nonfiction book to your list of favourites.

Week 5 (Nov. 26 to Nov. 30)

New to my TBR (Hosted by Rennie at What’s Nonfiction?)

It’s been a month full of amazing nonfiction books! Which ones have made it onto your TBR? Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book!

There will also be an Instagram Challenge! Find all the hosts that are on Instagram: @sarahsbookshelves, @julzreads, @shelf_aware_, and @doingdewey!

What now?
What is the most important thing to do now? Get together some wonderful nonfiction books, I think. Look through your stacks and see what nonfiction books you have been saving for Nonfiction November. Request books at your local library. Don't forget to look for a few audiobooks. Keep that stack near at hand, but be prepared to shuffle out something if it isn't working for you.


My month, my nonfiction favourites

I have chosen five books from my shelves rather randomly. I will probably not be able to read them all, but maybe a couple of them. I am interested in history. Most of my books are somehow connected to history and people through centuries, high and low.


  • Simon Sebag Montefiore (one of my favourite historian authors) Stalin, The Court of the Red Tsar
  • Andrew Wheatcroft, The Habsburgs
  • Penelope Fitzgerald, Edward Burne-Jones, A Life
  • Cressida Connolly, The Rare and the Beautiful, The lives of the Garmans
  • Niall Ferguson, The Ascent of Money


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster