Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Beyond All Reasonable Doubt by Malin Persson Giolito



Malin Persson Giolito has written five books, of which I have read four. Have not yet read her last book. Of the four, there is only one I did not really like (her first one), the others are excellent and thrilling. Probably, mostly known for Quicksand, about a school shooting, made into a TV series by Netflix.

Her heroine, Sophia Weber, is a lawyer. Stig Ahlin was sentenced to lifetime, thirteen years earlier, for having killed a fifteen year old girl. He has always insisted he was innocently sentenced, and is now trying for a re-examination of his case. Sophia's mentor is asking her to take the case.

She is not so eager to jump into this case, which seems doomed beforehand. She promises her mentor to have a look at it. She discovers that the police investigation was very badly done at the time. That is a reason, good enough, for her to take on the case.

The book changes between Sophia's work and Katrin, the murdered girl, and her actions leading up to the murder. It is an exciting story, where Persson Giolito takes us along the legal offices, mixed with a personal account of the girl, her friends and family. To  sentence someone for murder, the evidence has to be beyond reasonable doubt. Was Stig Ahlin guilty? Or was he wrongly sentenced? Was there another murderer? In that case, who? The story keeps you guessing until the very end. And when the end comes...! You are utterly surprised, more than once.

Malin Persson Giolito writes very well. Having worked as a lawyer herself, she knows the subjects on which she is writing. It is realistic, exciting and utterly thrilling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler