Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Reading year 2013 and reading year to come

Long time no see! I have been away for the holidays and no access to Internet. So, a little bit late I want to wish you all a wonderful 2014. Hopefully it will bring a lot of reading. 2013 was my first year of active reading. I had an idea that I would like to read at least 100 books. I managed with 108! Hopefully I will manage to read a slightly higher number this year so maybe I should go for at least 120 books! I said it so now there is no way back.

I have made statistics on the kind of books I have read through the year. I have divided them into Non-fiction (22) (easy enough) and under Fiction I have made the following sub-titles; Series (30), Mystery/Thriller (7), Classics (14), Historical fiction (6) and Other fiction (29) visualised in two charts below:

Read in 2013 by category













Read in 2013 by percentage















I am mostly proud over the number of classics that I have read. Will continue this trend in 2014.





Resting from reading?

In between reading my husband managed to drag me on to a few walks in the mountains of Mallorca. Tiresome from time to time but the view in the end is worth it...and of course the sunset drinks afterwards!




 
Challenges in 2013

I joined a few Challenges in 2013 (one even before I think). That is; A Century of Books (proceeds very slowly!), European Reading Challenge (read 5 books from 5 different European countries) FINALISED, Book beginnings on Friday (where I contributed with three beginnings) and for 2014 I will join Monthly Motif Challenge hosted by Bookmark To Blog.

Reading year 2014

I have made some New Year promises for 2014 as regards reading and blogging. I want to reduce my TBR shelves so I promise to read at least one but hopefully two books per month from these shelves. I also want to be more active in blogging so hopefully you will see a little bit more on this blog. Mostly it should be connected to reading but a few posts on other matters may find their way in as well.

ENJOY ANOTHER READING YEAR!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster