Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Cleaning your books!

It is lovely to have a lot of books. However, the big disadvantage is that they tend to collect a lot of dust. Therefore I had - for some time I must admit (tend to postpone!) - the notion to clean my book cases again. For this purpose I bought a small handy vacuum cleaner which turned out to be perfect. You can just dust them where they stand but this time I took them all out to clean also the shelves.

To Be Read!
To my big distress I realise that I have a lot of books on my TBR shelves. Maybe they are even more than the books on the shelves that I have read? When I looked at them I also realise that some of them I bought many, many years ago. But I have promised to read one or two every month so I can move them up to the proper shelves where there still is some space. There are all kinds of books in this pile; classics, fiction, thrillers, mystery, non-fiction and more. I should be able to find something suiting all my moods. Let's see where I am in the end of the year.






A clean book case!
TBR at the bottom
plus two up to the right!


Since I have moved a lot and since books are heavy to move I have given away thousands of books through the years. I prefer to give them to someone rather then just throw them away. However, it is not easy to even give away your books these days. Especially when you live in a country where people don't speak Swedish or English which most of my books are in. Now with the e-books it solves a little bit the space problem. But to have a good paper book in your hand feels best!


Still to clean!
Plus a couple more



The good thing about cleaning your books is that
you discover good old books that you forgot that
you had! At least I do. It is so nice to see a book and
remember how good it was - or how bad it was for that
matter! I even saw some books I might consider reading
again. On the other hand....perhaps after finishing all the
TBR books! Priorities are important.

Comments

  1. Dear Lisbeth,

    I have a bigger problem a lot of books and no shelves. Since I moved to Saint-Malo all my books are in boxes and as I could not live without a book a day I have an open credit with Amazone and Fnac! so still more books and still no shelves....
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster