Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Favourite books in 2013

This is the first time that I divide the books I have read into categories. My last post showed statistics on how many books could be related to each category. One can of course divide the books into another 5 categories, although I think it would make the numbers too small. So, which were my favourite books within each category? It is difficult to choose just one book but I must say that for all categories except maybe for Series there was always one that raised above the rest. In the Series category three of them were better than the rest. Here is the list:





Classics - Wuthering Height by Emily Brontë (one of my favourite books and although I have read it many times I always discover new things and I am always weak for eternal love, however devastating!)





Historical Fiction - The Duchess of Milan by Michael Ennis (a totally fascinating story of one of the many strong and fascinating female characters in history. Just make you want to read something else of Michael Ennis).


Mystery/Thriller - Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs (surprisingly few books in this genre?! None of them really something extraordinary, which means I have to improve this year because I really like this genre. My reason for choosing this book is that it is rather thrilling and the characters from Reichs' books have been transferred into one of my favourite TV-series BONES!)



Non Fiction - Here were many good books but my vote goes for the biography of Charles Dickens by Claire Tomalin. Wonderfully written and what a fascinating character, although I am not sure I like him entirely. However, full of admiration for this very energetic person.

Other Fiction - The Garden of Evening Mist by Tan Twang Eng (an absolutely lovely book with a lot of levels. I loved the story of judge Yun Ling Teoh who had been a Japanese prisoner during World War II and her relationship with a Japanese gardener who helps her overcome her trauma. A wonderful tale in beautiful prose).





Series - The Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris (has to be this one which I was totally
fascinated by. Her characters who are anything but pure humans, living in their own world within the real world is a fantastic tale. She has managed to incorporate all these characters and makes them believable. The series are the base for another favourite TV-series True Blood).



Some of my favourite books for 2013. Let's see what good books we can find for 2014!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster