Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

German Literature Month 2022 - Wrap-up

November is at an end and time to wrap up the three challenges I participated in this year. Apart from German Literature Month I had a go at Nonfiction November and Novellas in November.  German Literature Month is hosted by Lizzy’s Literary Life. It is the first time I participate and I will just have to see how many books I can read. Hopefully, at least one a week, according to the schedule:

Week 1 – First time for everything - The Sandman by E.T.A. Hoffmann - gave me a new favourite author.

Week 2 – Second Helpings  - I rarely re-read books, but choose Herman Hesse's Steppenwolf. I have not yet finished it, but have a feeling I have already read it. Fits well in other words. 

Week 3 – Firm Favourites (Author or Publisher, if stated) - nothing to fit here

Week 4 – Something Different - Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka - can't say I entirely understood this novella, but that happens sometimes. 

Week 5: Read as you please / group read (Book 21) - The Life and Opinions of Tomcat Murr – E T A Hoffmann - wanted to follow this since Hoffmann is the new favourite, but could not find it quick enough. For the future.  

I do read German authors from time to time, so I take the opportunity to mention some of the books here. They are all some of my favourite books. Buddenbrooks is at the top. I love Robert Seethaler's 'A Whole Life' such a wonderfully, sensitive book. Stefan Zweig is always a treat, but most of the books here can be recommended. 

Fallada, Hans - Alone in Berlin

Handke, Peter - A Sorrow Beyond Dreams: A Life Story (Wunschloses Unglück) 

Krien, Daniela - Kärlek i fem akter (Liebe im Ernstfalle/Love in Five Acts)

Mann, Thomas - Buddenbrooks 

Mann, Thomas - Death in Venice 

Mann, Thomas - Mario and the Magician 

Mann, Thomas - Tonio Kröger 

Mann, Thomas - Tristan 

Neuhaus, Nele - Snow White must die (Schneewittchen muss sterben) 

Neuhaus, Nele - Big Bad Wolf (Böser Wolf) 

Roth, Joseph - The Radetzky March

Schlink, Bernhard - The Reader 

Schlink, Bernhard - Homecoming 

Seethaler, Robert - A Whole Life 

Sendker, Jan-Philipp - The Art of Hearing Heartbeats 

Süskind, Patrick - Parfymen (Das Parfum, The Perfumer)

von Goethe, J.W. - The Sorrow of Young Werther 

Von Schirach, Ferdinand - Fallet Collini (Der Fall Collini/The Collini Case)

Zweig, Stefan  - Amok 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler