Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Paris in July 2022

Paris in July is back. Readerbuzz and Thyme-for-tea are co-hosting this year's event. It comes with three wonderful images from which we can choose. For this introduction I choose the Bigger Sunset. If you are not familiar with the concept, please visit their websites, here is a summary.

"The aim of the month is to celebrate our French experiences through reading, watching, listening, observing, cooking and eating all things French!

There will be no rules or targets in terms of how much you need to do or complete in order to be a part of this experience – just blog about anything French and you can join in! Some ideas might include;

reading a French themed book – fiction or non-fiction,
watching a French movie,
listening to French music,
cooking French food,
experiencing French, art, architecture and travel
tasting French wine, or testing French cocktails
celebrating le quatorze juillet or Bastille Day
Whatever it is that you love about France share it with us all!" 

I have saved a few books for this event. 
  • Återträffen (La jeune fille et la nuit) by Guillaume Musso
  • Hemingway, The Paris Years by Michael Reynolds
  • And finally I can read The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley. I loved her books The Guest List and The Hunting Party but wanted to wait with this one for the July challenge. 
I might add a book by Tana French  The Witch Elm.  Not that she is French or has anything to do with French (as far as I know), but at least her surname is French. 

I will look for a French movie, tv-series or music to listen to as well. Maybe I can even prepare a French dinner. Let's see what the month will bring.


Comments

  1. I think I'll do at least a couple of books or art and possibly a TV series or show set in France. There are a few I like. I might share my madeleine recipe again if I've never done it for PIJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great Jeanie. It is so nice to see what people are up to, and what Paris means to them.

      Delete
  2. The Hemingway book looks interesting. I've also included a spotify Paris playlist on my sign up post if you'd like to follow :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brona, it does. I have had it for several years, and even think I planned to read it during another Paris year. Maybe this year.

      Delete
  3. I also just signed up. Such a great idea.

    🇫🇷 Joyeux Juillet 🇫🇷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bon Marianne. We will be able to share our love for Paris.

      Delete
  4. I'm happy you will join in this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb, I am happy to be there. Will also look forward to all your Paris knowledge and I am sure I will be inspired.

      Delete
  5. I'm really looking forward to what you will share with us this year. I havent finalised my own plans yet, but I recall watching the movie Paris Appartment, and think there's likely to be a few movies in my review this year - and I do love a french cook up or dinner. good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Tamara. I did not know Paris Apartment had been filmed. Will have to look for it once I have read the book. I will adjust my plans as I go along, that is also the fun thing about it. Inspiration for others adds to it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler