Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Challenges 2021 - summary of achivements

Time to take a look at the challenges I followed last year. I did not fulfil all of them, but a few at least.




My Top TBR for 2021

Read: 10/10 
Evolutionen och jag ('Evolution and I') by Johan Frostegård 
The Past by Tessa Hadley 
In Our Time by Ernest Hemingway 
The Habsburgs by Anthony Wheatcroft 
Eleanor Marx by Rachel Holmes 
Jag vill sätta världen i rörelse by Anna-Karin Palm 
Prisoners of Geography by Tim Marshall 

********

Monthly Reading Challenge

Read: 9/12

January - A book with high expectations - In Our Time By Ernest Hemingway -

February - A book you got for free - Mordet på kommendören (Killing Commendatore) by Haruki Murakami 

March - A book you bought on a trip - Eleanor Marx by Rachel Holmes 

April - A book bought from a used bookstore - Barabbas by Pär Lagerkvist 

May - A book you bought as a new release - Köttets tid by Lina Wolff 

June - A book bought in a spending spree - XX

July - A book bought for the cover - The Edge of the World - How the North Sea Made Us Who We Are by Michael Pye Read

August - A book from an independent bookstore - The Sibyl (Sibyllan) by Pär Lagerkvist 

September - A book you want to learn from - Prisoners of Geography by Tim Marshall 

October - A book you're secretly afraid of -  XX

November - A book published before 2000 - Menfreya in the Morning by Victoria Holt Read 

December - A book that reminds you of childhood - XX




Read: 5/12

1. A 19th-century classic: any book first published from 1800 to 1899 - Svält by Knut Hamsun (1890) Read

2. A 20th-century classic: any book first published from 1900 to 1971. All books must have been published at least 50 years ago - The Moon and Sixpence by Somerset Maugham (1919)  

3. A classic by a woman author - The Clockwinder by Anne Tyler  

4. A classic in translation, meaning any book first published in a language that is not your primary language. You may read it in translation or in its original language if you prefer - Svält (Hunger) by Knut Hamsun

5. A classic by BIPOC author; that is, a non-white author - The Prophet by Khalil Gibran (1923)  

6. A classic by a new-to-you author, i.e., an author whose work you have never read - The Invention of Morel by Adolfo Bioy Casares (1940) 

7. New-to-you classic by a favourite author -- a new book by an author whose works you have already read -  XX

8. A classic about an animal, or with an animal in the title. The animal can be real or metaphorical. (i.e., To Kill a Mockingbird) - XX

9. A children's classic - XX

10. A humorous or satirical classic - XX

11. A travel or adventure classic (fiction or non-fiction). It can be a travelogue or a classic in which the main character travels or has an adventure -  XX

12. A classic play. Plays will only count in this category - XX



Read 26 of 29 not finding titles for Q, X and Z. 




Read 21 of 26 not finding authors for A, D, U, Y and Z. Can't believe I did not read any authors from letters A and D. 


Comments

  1. Quite some nice challenges. I will try to stick to my resolution and not start any new challenges next year since I felt a little overwhelmed by the end of this one and still haven't put together the results of all of them. We will see. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wise decision. I do the same, just very few and they I do my own ones, aiming at lowering my TBR shelves. Working well so far, although January has turned out to be a very busy reading months.

      Delete
    2. Reading is good, especially if it is for our own pleasure. I doubt I would ever need a challenge for anything but I love lists and that's always an incentive. LOL

      Delete
    3. Absolutely. I think a challenge just add another kind of focus to the reading. I have noticed in during January. Maybe because I took more of a control of my challenges, rather than just join all of the interesting ones that are going around.

      Delete
    4. That is a good idea. Have a good day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler