Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Challenges for 2022

This year I will not participate in too many challenges. I have a few I always follow, and will continue to do so. Although, there are so many interesting challenges out there, I have decided to go for a challenge of my own. Meaning concentrating on reading from my TBR shelves, more themed reading, and also reading from my wish list. Here is a summary of Challenges 2022, more detailed info under link. 

First of all my own challenge which will follow these general guidelines. 

a nonfiction from my TBR shelves chosen by a random generator

a fiction from my TBR shelves chosen by a random generator

a translated novel outside of the English and Swedish speaking countries

a classic tale

a book from my Wish list

Each month will have a themed reading, which hopefully can be connected to my various lists. 

January - Nordic writers (inspired by AnnaBookBel's challenge FINDS
February - Antiquity (Greek gods and other tales)
March - Women (anything about female achievements)
April - Explorers and discoveries
May - Literature history (learn more about authors, their work and lives)
June - The Witcher (reading the books on which the series is based, and other fantasy books)
July - Paris in July (anything French and Parisian) 
August - Beach reading (crime and feel good)
September - Henry James (venturing into his works) 
October - Russia (Russian authors and/or tales from Russia)
November - Nonfiction and Novellas (joining these challenges)
December - Classics

Other challenges:

Nordic FINDS hosted by AnnaBookBel

The Unread Shelf hosted by Whitney @ The Unread Shelf (have a look at the various challenges under Challenges 2022 above).

The Classic Club - I hope to be able to read more classics this year. 

The Anne Tyler Project hosted by Liz Dexter @ Adventures in reading, running and working from home. It finished in 2021, but I only read about half of Tyler's book, so will continue this year.

I will also join my favourite challenges Paris in July and Nonfiction November. And who knows? Maybe there will be a challenge turning up that I join ad hoc if I feel like it. 

Comments

  1. Nice plans, and I'm really happy you're going to be able to continue the Anne Tyler project and I'll certainly add your posts to the project page. Enjoy your TBR reading! All my challenges will come from mine this year, too, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will let you know once I publish a review. They are all a pleasure to read, so should not be too much of an effort.

      Delete
  2. I think it's excellent that you have created your own challenge based on the things you'd like to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite pleased, I have to say. It has given me more of a focus on what to read, even if I add other books along the line. It also gives focus on my TBR shelves. I think it is nice to read the new books you love, but I feel I have to read the old ones first. That is why I have neglected new books for some time. In this way, I can combine the two. And, as you say, I read what I like to read.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler