Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Nonfiction November - week 5


We have come to the end of this interesting November. I feel I have met so many new bloggers that are as interested in nonfiction as I am.  A challenge that has given me a little bit of light during the dark days of November. At least that is how it is in the south of Sweden. If you are even further north, it is even darker.

Week 5: (November 29-December 3) — New to My TBR with Jaymi at The OC Bookgirl: It’s been a month full of amazing nonfiction books! Which ones have made it onto your TBR? Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book!  

Although I did purchase a couple of nonfiction books this November, they were for other purposes. I have been inspired by all of you and have noted books in fields I usually do not read; like mindfulness, science, nature, cooking and a few of my favourite genre, history. I will go back to look again at your suggestions, next time I intend to buy a nonfiction book. As it is, my shelves are already too full of these kind of books.

I want to thank you all for interesting posts and suggestions. All comments that went around made it feel like we actually met and talked about the books. New bloggers have been added to my 'Feedly' app and I am looking forward to future reviews, be they nonfiction or fiction. 



Comments

  1. Please forgive me if I have failed to notice something that is old news, but have you updated your blog template recently? Whether it's old or new, it looks fabulous, very clean and fresh looking and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brona. Yes, I did update it recently. I quite like it as well. It is nice when there are not that many other things around, and the posts become the main focus. I think I said I wanted to create a webpage of my own, and I tried this one to see if I like it. Maybe I will go for something similar. Well, well, one day when I have time that is. It will take a little bit of studying.

      Delete
  2. I love Non fiction November because I discover so many books I never would have otherwise.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same here. It also helps me getting out of my usual nonfiction genres - history and biographies. There are so many interesting nonfiction to read about so many subjects.

      Delete
  3. I've enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones during Nonfiction November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this year was such an active crowd. Wonderful.

      Delete
  4. I found some new bloggers to follow, too! I didn't add a huge number of books to my wishlist but I'm holding off publishing it in case I find any more in people's wrap-ups ... It was a lovely one as usual, one of my favourite challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same here. I am happy to have found people who likes to read nonfiction. Definitely, one of my favourite challenges. I have also made a small list of books I want to read. Like you, I will publish it a little bit later. I have still to read up on participant's blogs and recommendations.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. One that really stood out for me was 'The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival by John Vaillant. Sounds intriguing and was recommended by What's Nonfiction. Since I am a fan of the Wild West era I would go for 'Tombstone: The Earp Brothers, Doc Holiday, And the Vendetta Raid from Hell' by Tom Clavin recommended by Brian @ Still an Unfinished Person. I might write another post on the titles that attracted me during November.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler