Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Nonfiction November - Week 3


We have reached week no. 3 which is hosted by Veronica @ The Thousand Book Project.  The topic for this week is expertise. 

Week 3: (November 15-19) – Be The Expert/ Ask the Expert/ Become the Expert: Three ways to join in this week! You can either share 3 or more books on a single topic that you have read and can recommend (be the expert), you can put the call out for good nonfiction on a specific topic that you have been dying to read (ask the expert), or you can create your own list of books on a topic that you’d like to read (become the expert).

My post is rather late this week and the reason is I did not know what expertise I should refer to. After thinking it over, I decided to go for a food topic. Lately, I have tried to eat more vegan and vegetarian alternatives to the average diet. I eat vegetarian alternatives frequently, but have not really tried out vegan. Inspired by the wonderful lady hosting the youtube channel Pick up Limes, I bought her e-cookbook and started out. It turned out very well and there are so many nice recipes. 

Since we have been travelling a lot lately with our camper van, it has not been easy to follow through with a vegan alternative. You don't always find the ingredients. Now we are back in Sweden and here it is much easier. I will not say that I will eat it all the time, but I think it will be good to go vegan/vegetarian 4-5 days a week. 

As you understand, I am no expert and therefore seek your expertise. Do you have any good youtube channels to guide me to? Any specific books? I do have a few vegan/vegetarian cook books, but it is always good with outside advice. 

Hope you will be able to help me. 

Comments

  1. Definitely an important theme! As a Christian orthodox, I fast for very long periods, so eat basically vegan those weeks (plus every Wed and Friday). We mean: no meat, no fish, no dairy, no egg. So if you run into Lenten Orthodox books, you should find there yummy vegan recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, that is really a good suggestion. I will look out for a book related to fasting.

      Delete
  2. It is an older book, but The Voluptuous Vegan is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The title sounds great. Will look out for it.

      Delete
  3. I'm afraid this carnivore can't help you on a vegan life plan. But I love what you are seeking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Jeanie. You are not alone. As soon as I talk about being vegan/vegetarian for 5 days a week, my husband says we have to eat fish 3 times a week and meet 2 times a week (mostly game) and the rest goes for vegan/vegetarian, meaning past, it seems.

      Delete
  4. Yotam Ottolenghi has some very exciting recipes - one is called Flavour and there is another called Ottolenghi Simple, that was selected as a best book of the year by NPR and the New York Times;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your tips. I will check it up.

      Delete
  5. What a good topic.

    I would also like to find more vegan recipes (and preferably ones that don't rely on nuts, which are so calorific) so I will be interested in any recommendations here.

    I tend to rely on roasting lots of vegetables together - this is a nice easy dinner, but I'd like some new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can really recommend the youtube channel Pick Up Limes. She has wonderful recipes, and not that much nuts. Her e-book cook book is really good.

      Delete
  6. A good choice of a topic, and hope you get some good recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I did receive some very good options.

      Delete
  7. That is a great contribution to the topic. I hope she'll come out with her recipes in paper one day but I do have plenty of vegan cookbooks due to my lactose intolerance, with vegan food I'm always on the safe side.

    Thanks for visiting my Year in Non-Fiction November in Week 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marianne. She is really good and interesting to see how she makes her recipes. You are half way there since you are intolerant to lactose. I am sure you are able to replace these products with healthier ones. When one starts looking into these kind of things, you can replace most things with other alternatives. Maybe not so much for baking, but for cooking. That is what I do when I don't always have all the ingredients for something I would like to do.
      Don't forget to send me your delicious cake recipe.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I have been replacing milk and milk products with lactose free alternatives (and not just lactose free milk products) for quite a while, also have a few books for that. And for baking it is even less of a problem than for cooking, so no problem. The only thing is when you go somewhere, many restaurants are not exactly there, yet (and not just in Germany) that they can even tell you which of their meals don't contain lactose, and when you visit people at home, they often have huge problems. But I won't eat anything where I'm not sure, otherwise I have to "pay" for it and I'm not willing to do that for anyone anymore.
    And yes, sending you the recipe is on my to do list.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have any suggestions, but I wish you the best of luck with your exploration of eating vegan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It will not be every day, but I think it is good to mix various 'diets'.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler