Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Mount TBR 2019 Final Checkpoint



I guess we are now up to the first checkpoint of 2020. Since I ended the year with a long trip, I was not really up to blogging about the end of the year versus the beginning of the year administration. Going through all the posts I meant to read later, I am finally catching up. Since My Reader's Block challenge Mount TBR is one of my favourite challenges, I cannot help filling in The Words to the Wise According to Mount TBR. Better late than never.

First of all, congratulations to Bev for reaching Mount Everest! A real effort. I aimed for Mount Ararat, but only made it a short way up Mt Vancouver. Managed Mont Blanc at least. 28 books all in all. I blame it all on the library books!

"The Words to the Wise According to Mount TBR: Using the titles of the books you read this year, see how many of the familiar proverbs and sayings below you can complete with a book read on your journey up the Mountain. Feel free to add/subtract a word or two to help them make sense."

A stitch in time...(with) Trains & Boats & Planes / Killen McNeill
Don't count your chickens...(in the) Saratoga Trunk / Edna Ferber
A penny saved is...Five Great Short Stories / Anton Chekov
All good things must come... Of Love and Shadows / Isabel Allende
When in Rome... (beware of) Ordinary Thunderstorms / William Boyd
All that glitters is not... The Newton Letter / John Banville
A picture is worth... The Greek Treasure / Irving Stone
When the going gets tough, the tough get...(into) Wedlock /Wendy Moore
Two wrongs don't make...Den store utställningen (The Great Exhibition) / Marie Hermansson
The pen is mightier than...The Third Man / Graham Greene
The squeaky wheel gets... Terror / Håkan Östlundh
Hope for the best, but prepare for... Revolutionary Road / Richard Yates
Birds of a feather flock...On Canaan's Side /Sebastian Barry


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler