Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56


A long time since I posted something under this banner, but now I am back with a wonderful book.
It is Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. I bought it because many of you put up excellent reviews. They were well deserved. A review will come soon.    

Book Beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader


"When people ask me what I do - taxi drivers, dental hygienists - I tell them I work in an office. In almost nine years, no one's ever asked what kind of office, or what sort of job I do there."



The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice


"She came with me from my childhood bedroom, survived the foster placements and children's homes and, like me, she's still here."

Comments

  1. I have this one on my GR list. I hope you enjoy it! Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had it on my shelves for quite some time. When I started reading I wondered why I did not read it earlier. A favourite book. Hope you like it as well.

      Delete
  2. I love this book. It is so poignant. Stay Safe and Stay Inside
    My Friday quotes are from LONESOME DOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, One of my best reads ever.
      You too, take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping to read this one soon. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept it for a while, but it is a book to read anytime.

      Delete
  4. What a character Eleanor Oliphant is. I thought she was about as real as a book character can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really it, absolutely loved her. In the beginning you wonder a little bit about her, she comes out as a strange. It changes very soon and she is such a lovable character. The way she takes hold of life and change her own is something to admire.

      Delete
  5. This book has been sitting on my TBR list for quite some time. Thank you reminding it to me :)
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it now! It is that good. Eleanor is a wonderful character.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of Honeyman's books but I keep hearing great things about them. I am going to have to try that first line when people ask me what I do. I try so hard to keep them from asking for specifics, but it never works. I doubt this one would work either for me, I'm afraid. LOL

    I am glad you enjoyed this one and look forward to your review.

    Have a good weekend and stay well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first book by her. I think she has written a sequel to EO, must look into it. I find that once you have said what you do, very few people venture further, but some do. It is not always easy to explain in a few words what your job consists of.
      Take care and stay safe. I hope life in the States will be easier soon.

      Delete
  7. Welcome back! I loved this book so much. It was really one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It has been a while. Lovely book, here is my review: https://thecontentreader.blogspot.com/2020/05/eleanor-oliphant-is-completely-fine-by.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler