Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaughn


This book was gifted to me by Leigh, a friend visiting all the way from Australia. He described it to me as a court room book, and in a way it is, but not totally. The theme is very actual these days. A British politician is accused of raping a fellow colleague. The story is told from the prosecutor's side, a woman with a past, the wife of the politician and how it effects her and her children. There is also a couple of stories from the past, which all effect the present day situation. Most of the story actually takes place outside the court room. 

As always in cases like this, it is difficult to reveal the story without giving away clues. I use Goodreads introduction to the story.
"Sophie’s husband James is a loving father, a handsome man, a charismatic and successful public figure. And yet he stands accused of a terrible crime. Sophie is convinced he is innocent and desperate to protect her precious family from the lies that threaten to rip them apart.
Kate is the lawyer hired to prosecute the case: an experienced professional who knows that the law is all about winning the argument. And yet Kate seeks the truth at all times. She is certain James is guilty and is determined he will pay for his crimes."
Sarah Vaughn builds up the story in a thrilling way. Especially, how the story effects the family of James is told in a realistic way from Sophie's point of view. I think it gives a good view of the British society and these are matters we often read about in the papers. In the wave of the "Metoo" movement the story is chillingly told. There is such a thin line in the truth of the matter and the action of the participants.  Who is right? How do we know how the other party reacts to the act? It is up to the court to tell. However, even after the court has given its verdict, the action affects the people involved. Very well written and Sarah Vaughn is an interesting new acquaintance. She is presently writing her fourth novel, which will be published in 2019.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler