Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Mountaineering Check Point #3

Bev at My Reader's Block is reminding us to check in with the altitude where we are at present. It is all about climbing a mountain of your choice and highlight the altitude in connection with the number of books you have read from your TBR shelves. Well, I am afraid I have not got that far since the last check in, but let's see if I have advanced a little bit at least.


  1. Last time I reached 4,545 m with 34 books. Another two took me to the top. Had to rest a little bit up there before starting my descent. The very next day I started to climb Mt Ararat. It is        5. 137 m high. I have now read 37 books (only three since July), which leaves me at 107 m. My goal is Mt Ararat, which leaves me another 11 books to read. 
  2. Who has been your favourite character so far? Why? Christopher in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. Christopher sets his own rules and does it with bravur. 
  3. Pair up two of your reads, but go for the opposites.  Love in a Blue Time by Hanif Kureishi and The Girl in Rose, Haydn's Last Love by Peter Hobday. Sorry, best I could do.
  4. Which book read has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all? A Streetcar Named Desire and The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams. Both in the same edition. Well worth a read. They are both classics so can be read anytime. 
  5. Using titles from your list, see if you can tell a short story (or story blurb) or make a mini-poem.    Suffer the Little Children (inside) The Empty Family. (However, I go on telling) My Life as a Wife (although my husband was) The Virgin's Lover.  (I took) A Streetcar Named Desire (to) The Mistresses of Cliveden (but only experienced) Hundred Years of Solitude. (My) Restless (life was guarded by) The Secret Keeper

Comments

  1. Christopher from Mark Haddon's book was such a great character! Upwards and onwards!

    I just stumbled on to your Nobel prize blog as well--I see there's some posts there I'll want to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was, wasn't he. So refreshing, although it might be awkward sometimes, when people say exactly what they mean.

      The Nobel prize blog is not mine, but I contribute from time to time. It is hosted by Aloi at Guiltless Reading. You can contribute if you like. You find the info here: http://readnobels.blogspot.com/p/about.html

      See you at Mt Ararat! Would be great if I could reach the top. I have seen the mountain from both the Turkish and the Armenian side.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster