Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

NYT Survey on Reading Habits


The Content Reader

Jeanie at The Marmelade Gypsy has answered the New York Times, Sunday book section's questionnaire concerning reading habits. I thought I will go along and look into my own habits. Here we go.

What are you reading right now?
As always I read several books at the time, changing them according to my mood. Here are some of them:
A Portrait of a Lady by Henry James. It is a read along with Dolce Belezza for February.
A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf. This is also a read along for February with Alex at The Sleepless Reader.
Restless by William Boyd. A new favourite author.
The Empty Family by Colm Toíbin. Favourite author.

What is the last great book you read?
Coffin Road by Peter May. Could not put it down and read it in a day. I love his books.
Candide by Voltaire. A surprisingly fresh classic, enjoyable also today.

What do you read for solace? For escape? For sheer pleasure?
For solace and escape I would read anything taking me away from reality. Historical fiction would be a good choice: Winston Graham's Poldark series and Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series for example. Historical fiction also goes for sheer pleasure, but most other genres as well. I don't read very much horror, SF or dystopian novels.

What are your favourite books on a favourite subject?
I like biographies, mostly about historical persons. Some of my favourite authors in this genre are, Mary S. Lovell (A Rage to Live: A Biography of Richard and Isabel Burton, Jane Digby, A Scandalous Life, Mitford Sisters), Claire Tomalin (Charles Dickens, A Life, Mrs Jordan's Profession).

What are your favourite genres and which don't you particularly like?
I read most genres, but don't especially like horror, SF and dystopia.

How do you like to read?
Lying in bed, or possibly sitting in a nice reading chair.

Paper or electronic?
Both. Paper when I can, but electronic comes in handy.

Morning or Night?
Night. Or during the day since I have my days free to do what I like!

Where do you like to read?
In bed, although it is not so good for the back of the neck.

What's the best book you ever received as a gift?
Can't remember.

What kind of reader were you as a child?
Slow.

Which childhood books and authors stick with you most?
All the books by Astrid Lindgren.

Who would you like to write your life story?
Mary S. Lovell.

Comments

  1. I'm still on for the Wolfe! It's the next one in line in my audio TBR. I'll likely start it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. I have already started. Like it so far.

      Delete
    2. It's a small book, so I might just do chapters 1-3 by 18 Feb and chapters 4-9 by 28 Feb.

      Delete
    3. I think mine only has six chapters!? I have read five up till now, and the rest to go. Let's "meet" again in the end of February to exchange views.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler