Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Statistics for reading year 2017




Having had no proper internet connection, this will now be my first post of 2018, instead of last for 2017. A new year, new expectations and promises, but more about that later on. Now it is time for a sum up of 2017, where I managed to read 89 books. A little bit less than I hoped for, but I am pleased with the outcome.

I have been reading a variety of books. With my literary course I entered into unknown territory, but it opened up a new world for me. I could not imagine that old writings from the antique could still be so vivid and engaging today. I presume that is why they are called classics and good literature!

Best books of the year

In an earlier post on the best books read for 2017 I mentioned three books that stood out over the others; The Go-Between by J.P Hartley, The Dream of Scipio by Iain Pears and The Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann. None of them exactly new. However, I did enjoy most of the books I read. There was one book I could not finish though and that was The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure. I don't know whether it was because it was an audio book and I did not like the narrator, or just a lack of excitement in the beginning. Have you read it? What did you think?


Reading statistics 2017

Going through the books I have read, I realise I ended up with almost the the same number of books for fiction vs non fiction in comparison with last year. 75% vs 25% in 2016 and 73% vs 27% in 2017. Here are the stats for 2016. For 2017 it looks like this for number of books.

Fiction - 42
Historical fiction - 11
Mystery - 11
Total: 64

Non fiction 14
Biographies - 11
Total: 25

Sorry, could not manage to transfer a pie of the statistics, although I managed earlier years!

I wish you all a wonderful 2018 with a lot of reading and a good life!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler