Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Yann Martel in person

The Content Reader
Yann Mantel
Yesterday evening I had the pleasure to 'meet' Yann Martel. He is touring Europe to promote his new The High Mountains of Portugal. It was a hilarious two hours of a philosophical and witty performance by Yann Martel. He told us about his most famous book The Life of Pi, how it came to be and how he was inspired. The discussion lingered mostly on his new book, which I of course had to buy and got it signed as well!
novel

Yann Martel has studied philosophy and opened up a lot of new ideas how to approach life. He seemed to have a very relaxed attitude to life in general and his writing especially. He considered himself very lucky to be a writer. Having grown up mostly abroad, his father was a diplomat, he considers travelling a way of grasping the sense of living.

The Content Reader


Looking forward to read his latest book, and will read this instead of The Knights Templar in Britain in the challenge "What's in a Name", hosted by Wormhole. Mostly suitable for  a country in the name!

From the publisher about the book.

Three journey. Three broken hearts. One question...
What is a life without stories?

In Lisbon in 1904 a man named Tom´sa discovers and old journal. It hints at the existence of an extraordinary artefact that - if he can find it - would redefine history. Travelling in one of Europe's earliest automobiles, Tomás sets out in search of this strange treasure.

Thirty-five years later, a Portuguese pathologist devoted to the murder mysteries of Agatha Christie finds himself at the centre of a murder mystery of his own, and is drawn into the consequences of Tomás's quest.

Fifty years on, a Canadian senator seeks refuge in his ancestral village in northern Portugal, grieving the loss of his beloved wife. But he arrives with an unusual companion: a chimpanzee. And there the century-old adventure will come to its stirring conclusion.

A quest through the twentieth century, The High Mountains of Portugal tells a tale of great love and great loss. Written with all the warmth, wit and colour one would expect from the author of Life of Pi, it takes the reader on a road trip through Portugal in the last century - and through the human heart.


The Content Reader
Yann Martel being interviewed at Passaporta, Brussels

Comments

  1. I wish I was there (and hope he will come to Switzerland!). As you can imagine I'm very curious about this book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he comes, you have to go. It was a real joy to listen to him. A man with a very relaxed and nice outlook on life!
      I did not like 'Life of Pi' too much, although just loved the ending, and have to agree that he writes beautifully and very well.
      I have just started his latest and it takes you in right from the start!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster