Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

A wonderful bookshop

Hello again. I have been away for ten days and believe it or not no real access to the internet. At least not in such a comfortable environment where I can write something on my blog. But, I have not been lazy, been reading a lot and also visited a wonderful antiquarian bookshop in Palma city on Mallorca. And I want to share this experience with you.

Fitfh & Bond Fine Books (The English Bookshop, Calle Morey 7, Palma (just off Plaza Santa Eulalia - nottinghillbook@hotmail.com) is situated in the old city of Palma, its surrounding very fitting. You come inside and there are books absolutely everywhere. There are some small paths without books and here is where you have to carefully walk along. The whole place is like a labyrinth and where ever you turn there is a book case or books lying on the floor in piles. You come in on the top floor and work yourself downward 3-4 floors. When you are at the bottom of the shop you quietly wonder whether you will find your way up again!


You find here both old and new books in all matters; fiction and non-fiction on literature, geography, history, marine and military history, art, music, film etc, etc plus a room with new pocket books where you can choose 3 for 10 euros. I spent two hours there this time and came out with 6 books for 30 euros. Since I am a book freak I could have bought another 10 if I hadn't controlled myself.


Here are the books that I bought:

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Other Stories by R.L. Stevenson (this is for my Brontë Reading Group)
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCraig (look out for a review of this book which will come in a few days)
A Quiet Flame by Philip Kerr
Anybody Out There by Marian Keyes
Thackery: A Writer's Life by Catherine Peters
Mrs Jordan's Profession by Claire Tomalin (presently reading her book on Dickens)



 

If you are in Palma de Mallorca this place is a must! Good luck in venturing into the labyrinth of books. I actually think of Carlos Ruiz Zafón's 'The Shadow of the Wind' and his 'Cemetery of Forgotten Books' when I am here. Closer to that place I don't think you can come. Maybe I should look for it in Barcelona when I am there next.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster