Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Friday and The Friday 56

A while since I posted here, but now it is time to join hosts Rose City Reader with Book beginnings on Fridays and Freda's Voice with The Friday 56. Today's book is The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. A review will come soon.  


Book beginnings on Fridays

"Well, let's start with Elizabeth, shall we? And see where that gets us?

I knew who she was, of course; everybody here know Elizabeth. She has one of the three-bed flats in Larkin Court. It's the one on the corner, with the decking? Also, I was once on a quiz team with Stephen, who, for a number of reasons, is Elizabeth's third husband."



The Friday 56


"'A nun? That was very good.'

'I didn't have much time to think,' says Joyce

'If pushed, I was going to say someone had touched me,' says Elizabeth. 'You know how hot they are on that these days. But a nun is much more fun.'"


Comments

  1. I think first lines are very important and yours sound quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are and it makes for a good start of any book.

      Delete
  2. I'm intrigued by this book, looking forward to your review. Did you connect your post to the mem pages? I have visited all the blogs connected there, but didn't see yours.
    Here is my post for Book Beginnings:https://francebooktours.com/2021/10/26/katherines-wish-first-chapter-first-paragraph-book-beginnings/
    And for Friday 56: https://francebooktours.com/2021/10/29/katherines-wish-friday-56/
    They are both on the same book.
    Do you like it? Feel free to request your copy and review it in your own time.
    You can also enter the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my reading list. I'll be interested in knowing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just posted a review. I am sure you would like it.

      Delete
  4. I have this one on my list as well! Happy Halloween weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. I am sure you will like it. It is an easy, funny book to read. The mystery keeps you in the dark until the end. At least for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler